8.03.2023: School Of General Relativity, Astrophysics And Cosmology At The University Of Warsaw And POTOR
We would like to notify you about the first edition of the School of General Relativity, Astrophysics and Cosmology at the University of Warsaw and POTOR. Our school is dedicated to PhD students and postdocs conducting research in general relativity. The summer school will be divided into two parts: the first will be held at the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw from July 24-29, and the second at the European Center for Geological Education in Chęciny from July 31-August 4.
The conference website is: http://conferences.fuw.edu.pl/event/5/.
We are also pleased to present the lecturers and the courses that will be conducted during the first part of the school:
- Abhay Ashtekar: Gravitational waves: interplay between mathematical foundations and observations,
- Rod Gover: Conformal and related techniques for applications in GR,
- Ruth Gregory: On the Nature and Mathematics of Black Holes,
- Piotr Jaranowski: Post-Newtonian General Relativity and Gravitational Waves,
- Adam Pound: Self-force theory and the gravitational two-body problem,
- Olivier Sarbach: Particle motion and dynamics of a Vlasov gas in the exterior of a Kerr black hole,